Frequently Asked Questions
- In 1989, World renowned conductor, Yuval Zaliouk along with his wife Susan, a ballerina in the Royal Ballet in England started YZ Enterprises and began producing Almondina Biscuits. The Original flavor is the same recipe passed on to him from his Grandma Dina which she called Le Petit Gateau Sec.
- Almondina Brand Biscuits have won 4 SOFI awards in the best cookie Category from the Specialty Food Association.
- YZ Enterprises, Inc. invented the “Thin Biscotti” in 1989. There have been a few others who have imitated our product but none can match our quality.
- YZ Enterprises is a 100% family owned and operated business.
- Based in Maumee, Ohio we produce all of our products in the USA. All of our packaging and displays are sourced from US Manufacturers.
- 100% California Almonds are used in all of our Almondina Biscuits.
- In 2014 Almondina Toastees were launched as a lighter, bites sized and snackable version of the original Almondina biscuits.